Here, please find the latest courses offered by the department. PDF link to the files are given below:
Offered Course (Current Semester) and Class Routine
Course Selection Rule
The following documents mention BPGS rules regarding courses:
Presently there are three divisions of specialization, namely (1) Electrical Energy and Power
Systems (EEPS) Division (2) Electronics and Photonics (EP) Division and (3)
Communication and Signal Processing (CSP) Division, under which a postgraduate student
- For the degree of M.Sc. Engg., a student has to take a minimum of 6 (six) courses of which
at least 3 (three) are from his/her chosen Division, and remaining 3 (three) are from the
Interdisciplinary group or any Division.
- For the degree of M. Engg., a student has to take a total of 10 (ten) courses of which at least
5 (five) are from his/her Division and remaining 5 (five) are from the Interdisciplinary group
or any Division.
- The topic of the thesis (for M.Sc. Engg. degree)/ project (for M. Engg. degree) must be
related to the Division of the student or the Interdisciplinary group.
- The course EEE 6002 can be taken by a student only once in any program irrespective of
the topic title under EEE 6002.
- MAXIMUM number of seats for each course is 40 and minimum is 5.
- When any M.Sc. Engg./M. Engg. student is registered for credit for the first time, he/she
must register for a minimum of 3 credit theory course. They can also register for a
thesis/project course from this semester. Postgraduate students who have admitted before
April 2021 semester, for thesis/project registration, MUST apply to the Head of the
Department with the consent of the prospective supervisor.
BPGS Meeting 09/2022 (20 June 2022)
Rules and Regulations