Dr. Talukder joined EEE, BUET as a lecturer in early 2001, and has been serving as a Professor since 2014. He holds a Visiting Professor position at the University of Maryland, USA. During 2016-2018, he was with the University of Leeds, UK as a distinguished Marie-Curie Individual Fellow. He was an Honorary Fellow in the Hong Kong Polytechnic University during 2013-2015 and a Visiting Academic Fellow in the City University London, UK in 2013. He is a senior member of IEEE and a member of OSA, APS, and IEB. He has published more than 100 articles in highly reputed journals and conferences and has given several invited talks. He has earned significant research funds in Bangladesh, USA, and European Union.
Nanophotonics, biophotonics, plasmonic biosensors, plasmonic photovoltaics, plasmonic nanolasers, quantum cascade lasers, optical microscopy, magnetic resonance imaging of brain.
1. Marie Sklodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship 2016 by European Union.
2. Bangladesh Academy of Sciences and The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) Young Scientist Award, 2011.
1. C. R. Menyuk and M. A. Talukder, "Passively modelocked quantum cascade lasers," United States Patent No.: US 7,940,818 B2, May 10, 2011.
2. M. A. Talukder, P. Dean, E. H. Linfield, and A. G. Davies, “Quantum cascade laser,” United Kingdom Patent Application No.: 1814766.0, Filing date: 11 September 2018
1. Z. Omair and M. A. Talukder, “Sensitivity analysis of gold nanorod biosensors for single molecule detection,” Plasmonics (2019). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11468-019-00946-5
2. M. A. Talukder, C. R. Menyuk, and Y. Kostov, "Distinguishing between whole cells and cell debris using surface plasmon coupled emission," Biomedical Optics Express 9, 1977 (2018).